The Speaker of Parliament has summoned the Chief Executive Officer of the Ghana Cocoa Board (COCOBOD), Joseph Boahen Aidoo, over its indebtedness to cocoa license buying companies and farmers across the country.
- Just In:Medikal Remanded Into Prison For 5 Days[Check Video].
- Prince David Osei Goes Hard On Medikal And Shatta Wale With These Words[Check Full Details Here].
- SHOCKING:Am In Love With Sarkodie Popular Ghanaian Gospel Musician Reveals.[Check Full Details Here].
- Popular Ghanaian Celebrity Get Married (Videos +Photos).
- JUST IN: Important Announcement To All Ghanaians From Akuffo Addo.
The directive by the speaker follows a statement on the floor of Parliament by MP for Buem, Kofi Adams who drew the attention to how COCOBOD’s indebtedness to farmers in his constituency and other parts of the country is negatively affecting their livelihoods.
In the statement, Kofi Adams said the situation is worsening the plight of poor farmers in rural areas.