The Executive Committee of the Academic Board has approved the guidelines below to help students participate effectively in the mid-semester examinations on UEW-LMS Moodle.
1. All rules and regulations governing examinations as detailed in the student handbook are applicable to examinations taken on the UEW-LMS.
2. You are to follow the official timetable and take note of the time you are expected to write all your examinations.
3. We advise you to log in to UEW-LMS about 15minutes before your scheduled examination.
4. It is your responsibility to identify a convenient location where internet connectivity is reliable and disruptions reduced to the barest minimum.
5. You are required to be within an internet connectivity zone to facilitate your participation in the examination. For example, if you are using a smart phone, adjust the settings in order to avoid incoming calls from disconnecting your internet connectivity.
6. Examinations will be available for students only for the period designated on the timetable. Ensure that you finish your paper within the allotted time.
7. Examinations on UEV-LMS are timed by the system. The clock starts counting down as soon as you start work and the questions are taken away when the time is up. Ensure that you work within the allotted time.
8. In the even that you are momentarily disrupted by internet or any other unforeseen hitch, you can log back into UEW-LMS to continue the paper from the point where the disruption occurred.
9. If for legitimate reasons you are unable to complete the test, you must use the messaging feature in UEW-LMS to notify the Lecturer within 24hours.
10. Examinations in the form of term papers, project report, etc., may be given out for a period and submitted on an assigned date. You are to ensure that you follow all instructions provided by your Lecturer. In addition, ensure that you work and present
the submission in time, in the form required, and through the prescribed communication channel.
11. If you are unable to write examinations during the accessible time for legitimate reasons you may be allowed to take a supplementary examination at a later date. However, you will be required to show evidence of the legitimacy of your claim.
12. Supplementary examinations will take the same form as the original examinations.
13. In relation to supplementary examinations, if you live in an area where internet accessibility is a challenge you may be requested to move to a location where there is access to internet.
14. To control internet traffic within UEW-LMS, the system will be regulated during examination periods. Therefore, if you do not have examination, you will not be able to access your courses in UEW-LMS.
Prof. Andy Ofori-Birikorang, PhD