JUST IN: UEW Releases Directives On Mid-Semester And End-Of-Semester Examinations, Check It Here.
The Management of the University for Education,
Winneba (UEW) in an effort to ensure no student is left out in the
forthcoming compulsory quizzes outlined some directives in regard to the
conduct of the Mid-semester and End-of-semester examinations.
The University added that the directives are also in response to
feedback from a student on the conduct of the mandatory quizzes.
It has therefore approved the following directives with immediate
implementation as measures for the conduct of all mid-semester and end
of semester examinations:
1. The mandatory quizzes that were conducted from 29th April to 7th May, 2020 shall not form part of the continuous assessment.
All mid-semester and end-of-semester examinations for all departmental courses shall be in the form of take-home papers.
All Level 400 mid-semester and end-of-semester examinations,
including general courses, shall be in the form of take-home papers.
All mid-semester and end-of-semester examinations on general courses for Levels 100-300 shall be conducted on LMS Moodle platform using objective multiple-choice questions.
Students shall be given multiple attempts for all objective multiple-choice questions on LMS Moodle.
- The recommended maximum number of objective multiple-choice questions for the mid-semester examination shall be 20.
- The recommended maximum number of objective multiple-choice questions for the end-of-semester examination shall be 30.
- The Moodle settings for all examinations shall be 10 questions on a page.
- All submissions for mid-semester and end-of-semester take-home papers shall be through the LMS Moodle platform.
- The deadline for submission of mid-semester take-home papers is May 31, 2020.
The deadline for submission of end-of-semester take-home papers shall
be the last day for examinations as indicated on the examination
The management wishes to reiterate that students who, for justifiable
reasons, are unable to take part in the General Courses for the
mid-semester and end-of-semester examinations shall have two more
opportunities to do so through supplementary examinations.