No Tension but Absolute Calm at the University of Education, Winneba
- We have learned with dismay from a publication on myjoyline.com titled “Tension simmers at UEW as Governing Council Chairman directs Registrar to proceed on leave” and circulated on other online and social media outlets.
- The publication carries with it the impression that there is some sort of tension and unrest at the University of Education, Winneba (UEW) Campus. This is simply far from the facts.
- We wish to state unequivocally that there is calm on campus with students, staff, and other stakeholders going about their normal business on campus. Any media organisation interested in reporting the truth can simply verify this.
- The directive to the Registrar of the University to take his accumulated leave is part of the usual administrative processes to ensure that employees get well-deserved respite from the pressures of their jobs. The directive does, in fact, apply to all Principal Officers, and a schedule to that effect has been sent to these officers.
- The Management wishes to assure students, staff, parents, and other stakeholders that there is a calm and harmonious atmosphere for learning, work, and other activities related to the University.
Mrs. Wilhelmina Tete-Mensah.
Source : uew.edu.gh